Time to build: 6-7 hours (it will takes weeks to get the parts together)
An idiots guide to building your own Bar-Top Arcade machine. Capable of playing most games from Vintage arcades, home computer and games consoles up-to around the first PlayStation. I used a Raspberry PI3.
These things are not cheap, parts will be cheaper direct from China if you don’t the 1-2 months shipping time.
1. Tools needed.
3.Building,wrapping the cabinet and molding.
4.The Monitor and Plexiglass.
5. Switches/electronics and control interface.
9. Raspberry PI and software.
- Power-drill and selection of drill bits (inc 28mm hole cutter)
- Wire terminal crimper and lots of sleeves
- Good quality wire, don’t use solid core.
- Modesty blocks and wood screws to match
- Power Screwdriver.
- Cable ties.
- Cable clips with screws.
- Hot Glue.
- Hobby knife / Stanley knife
- Vinyl decal wrap applicator.